December 11, 2014
Christmas is upon us and there is no better way to remember that all the lights of Christmas are to celebrate Jesus the Light of the World.
In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend[a] it. ~ John 1:4-5
My message this week was on shedding light in a dark world. The light was bore witness to in eight different ways the light of Jesus is shed.
1. Father’s witness: And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:17)
2. Jesus’ witness: “I bear witness,” he said, “to myself” (John 8:18)
3. Jesus’ works: The works which the Father has granted me to accomplish … bear me witness (John 5:36)
4. Scripture’s Witness: “Search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me (John 5:39)
5. John the Baptist: “He came for testimony to bear witness to the light“ (John 1:7-8)
6. Witness of Encounter: Woman at the well (John 4:39), Man Born Blind (John 9:25), Witnesses of Miracles (John 12:17)
7. Disciple’s Witness: “You also are witnesses, because you have been with me from the beginning” (John 15:27)
8. Holy Spirit’s Witness: “When the Counselor comes … even the Spirit of truth … he will bear witness to me” (John 15:26)
May you shed light on Christmas this year as you bear witness that Jesus is the reason for the season.
Lorene Ford went home to be with the Lord this past Sunday—her celebration of life and home going services will be Thursday 2:00-4:00 pm and 6:00-8:00 at Willow Praise and Memorial Service Friday at 10:00 am.